Tory Lanez removed from Fall Back in Love tour following alleged assault against August Alsina

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

After Tory Lanez allegedly assaulted August Alsina Saturday night at the Fall Back in Love show in Chicago, the promoter kicked him off the tour.

Rip Micheals told TMZ he witnessed Lanez punch Alsina and that the Canadian rapper will not perform on any more tour shows. Artists on the tour include Ne-Yo, Trey Songz and Mario.

As previously reported, the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the incident.

“The allegations are serious and will be thoroughly examined,” a spokesperson for the L.A. District Attorney’s Office told Billboard in a statement.

A Twitter video shows Alsina ignored a fist bump from Lanez backstage at the Arie Crown Theatre in Chicago. In the final half of the video, as Lanez is seen walking away, a man off-camera commented, “Tory says he knocked August Alsina’s a** right out with one punch.”

The Chicago Police Department tells Billboard they received a report of a 30-year-old man being “punched in the face by a 30-year-old male” outside the Arie Crown Theatre on Saturday night.

Alsina posted an Instagram photo of himself in an elevator with blood streaming from his mouth. He claimed that he hadn’t said any “disrespectful words” but was suddenly punched by Lanez.

Tory denied the incident, telling DJ Akademiks, “I don’t know if he is doing a promo—I don’t know what that n**** is talking about.”

Lanez is currently out on bail after being charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion following a July 2020 pool party in the Hollywood Hills. He is charged with felony counts of assault with a semiautomatic firearm, personal use of a firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Lanez faces up to 22 years in prison if convicted on all charges.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.